Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Works well for tofu. Tofu made with this marinade can be served like you would serve sliced meat (like a roast, for example) - with baked baby carrots, potatoes, etc. Leftover tofu can be used in sandwiches, like you would use deli meat.
- 30 ml steers marinade (if you don't have Steers in your country, use any other BBQ marinade for meat)
- 15 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 15 ml soy sauce
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- spanish smoked paprika (just a very light sprinkle, the one from Woolworths is especially potent!)
- 10 ml olive oil
- 1 (400 g) package firm tofu, drained
- Mix all the ingredients together, except the tofu.
- Thinly slice the tofu.
- Pour the marinade into an oven dish, and put the tofu slices in (arranged singly, not overlapping).
- Leave the tofu to marinade for 30 to 60 minutes, then turn it over and leave the other side to marinade for another 30 to 60 minutes.
- Bake at 180 degrees celcius for 25 minutes, or until cooked.
This takes MUCH longer to make than is stated in the time to make space. It isn't very flavorful either.