Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
After looking for a new ham recipe for Easter, we came across this one on the New Orleans Times Picayune website. Charmaine Neville, sister to the Neville Brothers, submitted this recipe and said, "You know how ham tastes salty? Well, I don't play that," Neville said for the story. "Mine has got to be sweet to the bone. I always use Chisesi ham. You can get it spiral-sliced at the supermarket. Spiraling is the secret, so it soaks up all the marinade."
- In a large bowl mix the mustard and brown sugar until a big sticky mess is formed making sure to break up any clumps of brown sugar.
- Place the ham in the bag and using your hands or a rubber spatula spread the sugar-mustard glaze evenly over the ham.
- Pour the Coke into the bag over the ham and seal the plastic bag tightly.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator and refrigerate for 2 - 3 days.
- On the 3rd day, rise the ham from the bag and place in a 300 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- After the initial 45 minutes, baste the ham every 15 minutes for a total of 10 minutes per pound total roasting time or "until it falls apart.".