This recipe has been passed down from my grandmother to my mom and now to me. It is one of our family's favorites at Christmas time. We like to serve it warm out of the oven with butter spread on top.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour bread/loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- In another mixing bowl, combine orange juice, shortening and egg. Add this mixture to your dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Mix until well incorporated. Lastly, fold in the walnuts and cranberries being careful not smash the berries.
- Pour mixture into a bread/loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Cool bread for 15 minutes before removing from loaf pan.