1/2 Photos of Charlotte's Squash Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
Red Apple Guy's Note:
Taken from an Alabama cookbook "Calling All Cooks" this is my wife's casserole that pops up on Thanksgiving or Christmas. It's a family favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups crookneck yellow squash (about 2 pounds, sliced and cooked with water)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded before measuring)
- 2 cups cracker crumbs (we like saltines)
- 3/8 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1Cook squash and onion and drain well before measuring.
- 2Add butter, salt, pepper, celery salt and milk.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Add 1 cup of squash mixture to the beaten eggs and stir to warm the eggs.
- 5Mix together all ingredients and mix well.
- 6Pour into greased casserole dish and bake at 375 F for about 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Charlotte's Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.9
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.4 mg
- Sodium 485.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: