Mike McCartney's Note:
This is my stepmother Charlotte's recipe. She is a fantastic cook, and a more fantastic lady. I have to admit that this is the first potato salad that I have really liked. It is very creamy and has an excellent taste. The varied colors also make for a nice presentation. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled, cubed, and cooked
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, hard boiled, and finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1Stir together mayo, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, and salt.
- 2Stir in chopped vegetables and eggs.
- 3Note-I use the food processor to chop the vegetables and eggs fine.
- 4Add this mixture to the potatoes and chill.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Charlotte's Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.8
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 121.0 mg
- Sodium 783.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: