Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my stepmother Charlotte's recipe. She is a fantastic cook, and a more fantastic lady. I have to admit that this is the first potato salad that I have really liked. It is very creamy and has an excellent taste. The varied colors also make for a nice presentation. Enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled, cubed, and cooked
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, hard boiled, and finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Stir together mayo, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, and salt.
- Stir in chopped vegetables and eggs.
- Note-I use the food processor to chop the vegetables and eggs fine.
- Add this mixture to the potatoes and chill.
One of my baby brother's favorite foods is potato salad. I made this for him this weekend and I didn't even have any leftovers to send home with him. This recipe is wonderful. It is the first potato salad that I really enjoyed as well. Thank you, Mike and thank you, Charlotte!
What a tasty potato salad! Other than subbing light mayonnaise and reducing the amount to 1/2 cup made as directed. Thanks to you and you MIL for sharing! Made for Spring PAC 2014.
Excellent potato salad! Like most we have our special potato salad but I like to try new salad recipes, making for added variety to our meals. While very similar to the one we make, we loved the touch of difference and I appreciate that it is down on paper! Other then adding some pepper I made as posted and it made for an empty bowl. Thank you for posting and that fantastic lady for sharing!