Prep 10 hrs
Cook 10 mins
I found it in a book by Jyoti nikunj parekh....its a pudding with an outer biscuit layer with soft cream inside and decorative jelly. cooking time is the refrigeration time
for the top layer
- 85 gm. lemon jelly crystals
- 2 cups water
- 16 glace cherries
- 12 sponge cake fingers (readymade long crisp biscuits)
for the bavarian cream
- 2 tablespoons gelatin
- 1⁄2 liter milk
- 3 teaspoons custard powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 200 g fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- prepare jelly by dissolving it in water.
- pour jelly in a 6 inchs round deep tin forming a 1/2 inch layer, put in refrigartor to set.
- arrange patterns of cherries on this jelly and set carefully, cover with a little more jelly.
- set remaining jelly seperatly and use for decoration.
- trim the biscuits and fit closely round the side of the tin.
- dissolve gelatine in warm water and melt on low heat.
- prepare the custard-- with custard powder, milk and sugar.
- add gelatin, vanilla essence and chopped walnuts.
- whip cream with four tablespoons of powdered sugar.
- mix this with cool custard and the gelatin.
- pour at once to the prepared charlotte tin, refrigerate to set.
- dip the bottom of the tin in warm water and then invert on a serving plate.
- jelly and the pattern of the cherries will be seen on the top.
- sponge fingers will be all around enclosing soft pudding inside.
- chop remaining set jelly into small pieces and spoon around the pudding, and serve with your biggest smile!