Recipe by Thymestudio
Old French recipe a tasty dessert, wonderful especially in the fall or winter after a hearty soup supper.
- 3 cups french breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups thinly sliced tart apples
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1 tablespoon brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir bread crumbs in butter over medium heat until toasted and golden brown.
- Mix sugar and lemon peel and cinnamon, set aside.
- Place 1 cup bread mixture in greased souffle dish or casserole pan.
- Top with half the apples and sugar mixture.
- Spoon half the jam on top. Repeat, ending with 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 oven until apples are tender, about 35 - 40 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream and 2 tablespoons sugar an dvanilla in chilled bowl until stiff. Fold in Rum or Brandy, serve with the Apple Charlotte.