Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Who knew how delicious adding creamed corn to your eggs would be. I used sausage instead of bacon and cooked in a regular non-cast-iron pan. Recipe courtesy of The Lodge Cast Iron Cookbook.
- 6 large eggs
- 14 3⁄4 ounces cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (cooked, drained, sliced, and crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons bell peppers, chopped
- Place the eggs in a large bowl and beat well.
- Stir in the corn and crumbled bacon.
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mixture and cook, stirring constantly.
- Add the onion and bell pepper just before the eggs are completely set.