Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Mmmm where to start? Ok each year I need to make something chocolaty for my wonderful brother-n-law. The name came from the family, Charles being the wonderful Brother-n-law, Revenge being it is chocolate and he is crazy for chocolate!This Christmas I had to come up with something spectacular but also simple enough to meet time constraints. (kitchen remodel just completed Dec. 23) This dessert also had to look beautiful as it would be the centerpiece for the dessert table. I hope you enjoy it as much as the whole family clan that ate it. I also need to tell you Ihad everyone rate it and they gave it a 5 +. DH explained the rating system and the Zaar world I am hooked to.
- 1 (18 ounce) box fudge cake mix (or use your own cake recipe)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can cherry pie filling (or flavor of choice)
- 16 ounces whipped cream (I used creamy Cool Whip- 2 tubs)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box chocolate pudding mix
- 1 3⁄4 cups cold milk
- 1⁄4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- cocoa, to decorate
- nuts (optional)
- Make cake according to instructions or use your own chocolate fudge cake recipe.
- Mix 3 eggs, oil, and water with cake mix on medium speed until all the lumps are gone. Pour into a 9 x 13 cake pan and cook according to directions 35-40 minutes.
- Note- (some cake mixes call for different amounts in ingredients, please make according to directions or use your own cake recipe).
- Let cool at least 1 hour.
- Make pudding with 1 3/4 c milk.
- With a spoon or spatula fold in 1/2 of tub or 4 oz of whip cream.
- Add Baileys Irish Cream (or Kahlua) folding in, chill in fridge.
- Break up cake into chunks and put 1 layer (approximately 1/3 cake)in decorator bowl, preferable see through (I used an antique pink glass bowl).
- Gently spread 1/2 tub or 4 oz of whip cream.
- Pour 1/2 can or 8 oz cherry pie filling on top (will not cover whole bowl).
- Pour in 1/2 of pudding Baileys mix, spread over top gently.
- Repeat layers 10 - 13 (save 3 cherries).
- Dollop whip creams mounds in decorator style.
- Place 3 cherries in middle.
- Dust with cocoa or sprinkles or chocolate slivers.
- The theme here is chocolate LOL!
- Chill for 2 hours before dinner (can be chilled for the day or overnight).
- ****** Times are approximate as each oven cooks different.
- Cooking time does not include chill time after completion.
After reading the intro & looking at the ingredients, I absolutely had to make this recipe ASAP, & mostly for myself (well, not altogether)! A CHOCOHOLIC'S DREAM! Loved putting this together, & although I did leave out the Baileys Irish Cream, I had a great fix! Thanks for A REALLY GREAT KEEPER! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick-A-Chef]