Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
My friend Charlie is a chef for a hospital cafeteria. His chili has won several cooking contests for both chili and vegetarian food
- 28 ounces diced no-salt-added whole tomatoes
- 15 1⁄2 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans, drained
- 15 ounces pinto beans, drained
- 12 ounces light beer
- 1 cup tofu, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- in a large saucepan combine everything but yogurt.
- bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and then add dollop of yogurt to the top.