Recipe by Molly #6
In Western New York almost everyone knows what Charlie Chaplin chocolate is. You can find it at the famous Broadway Market, or use this recipe and save yourself the trip there. Chilling time not included. You will need One aluminum loaf pan. * A little hint they use Merckens milk chocolate melting wafers, you can also substitute dark or white whatever you prefer.
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler. Or in microwave stirring every 15 to 30 seconds depending on your microwaves power.
- Add coconut flakes to chocolate and mix together.
- take Aluminum loaf pan and add just enough of the coconut chocolate mixture, to coat the bottom and sides of the pan.
- To the remaining chocolate add the cashews and mix together.
- Fill the pan with 12 marshmallows and then pour chocolate mixture over marshmallows covering them and filling the pan to about half way.
- Add the remaining 12 marshmallows to the tin and pour the chocolate mixture over them, filling the tin.
- Chill, when firm cut into small pieces.