Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Living in Charleston most of my life gave us ample shrimp all year. I usually cut the shrimp into 3 pieces so that the end result is shrimp in every bite. I now buy the petite cut tomatoes to save time. Enjoy!
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crumbled
- bacon grease (4 bacon strips)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled deveined
- Cook onions, bell pepper, celery in bacon grease until done.
- Add all ingredients except shrimp and sugar.
- Cook 1 hour.
- Add shrimp and sugar cook additional 8-10 minutes until shrimp is done.
- Serve over rice.
Great recipe. I love shrimp Creole and this recipe was just right. It was quick easy and tasty. I used the small salad size shrimp, so I didn't have to cut them up and they cooked in just about 5 minutes. So if using the smaller shrimp, you may want to cut the cook time.