Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
An oh so easy and yummy way to get your shrimp and grits fix! To make it even easier you may use frozen, peeled and deveined shrimp.
- 2 cups uncooked stone ground grits
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb raw shrimp, thaw if necessary
- Peel and devein shrimp, set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water, milk and one tablespoon of worcestershire sauce.
- Place on burner over high heat.
- Before it begins to boil, stir in the grits.
- Cook for 30 minutes stirring regularly.
- Turn off the heat and let stand while preparing shrimp.
- Place butter in frying pan over high heat.
- As butter begins to melt, coat bottom of pan.
- Before butter completely melts add tomato sauce, remaining worcestershire and shrimp.
- Cook until shrimp are done, about two-three minutes.
- Spoon grits onto plate, top with the shrimp and sauce and enjoy!
Delicious! Quick, easy and definitely "down South". Wouldn't change a thing.
Excellent recipe! I love tomatoes, so it was right up my alley! In fact, I added some tomato paste to it and added 1/2 tbl worcesteshire for a little kick.
It was quick and easy, however, it was lacking in flavor.