Recipe by Rachel-Snachel
While on a trip to Charleston, we went to a cooking demonstration on Broad St. The chef made this, and it has become my "go-to" cobbler recipe. I was already infatuated with the city, but this recipe turned flirtation into a serious attachment :)
- 10 -12 peaches, washed & quartered
- 1 cup flour
- brandy or peach schnapps or sweet wine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- brown sugar (if peaches are tart)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peaches in a bowl; add some alcohol to taste (and a sprinkle of brown sugar if peaches are not very sweet). Let the peaches sit for at least an hour---don't skip this step.
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and white sugar. Add egg and stir. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add sour cream; stir until just combined.
- Place the peaches in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish (or into individual serving dishes), filling the dish halfway to the top. Drop cobbler batter by spoonfuls on top of the peaches (don’t smooth out dough---leave pockets).
- Bake cobbler for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.