1/1 Photo of Charleston Breakfast Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
A smell of a big ole breakfast casserole cooking can quickly assemble everyone in the kitchen. This is great for a weekend breakfast or overnight guests and is sure to not only please, but impress too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- 2Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- 3Drain, crumble and set aside.
- 4Saute the pepper and mushrooms in a bit of the bacon grease until tender.
- 5Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 6Melt butter in the microwave, or in a small pan on the stove over low heat.
- 7Spray a 9x12 inch baking dish with vegetable spray.
- 8Place croutons in the bottom of the dish, and drizzle with melted butter.
- 9Beat the eggs in a bowl and add milk, crumbled bacon, peppers, onion, mushrooms, salt, and pepper, and mix until well-combined.
- 10Pour over the croutons and cheese and top with remaining cheese.
- 11Bake for 40 minutes to an hour, until the eggs are done.
- 12Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Charleston Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.9
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 234.1 mg
- Sodium 680.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 20.0 g