Recipe by *sweetomato*
My husband makes this ahead of time for a night when we'll both be late getting home for supper. Reheat and eat w/ some buttered tortillas.
- 236.59 ml posole (dried or frozen hominy)
- 1419.54 ml water
- 9.85 ml chicken base or 9.85 ml bouillon
- 2.46 ml garlic, chopped
- 0.59 ml dried oregano
- 453.59 g diced pork
- salt and pepper
Red Chili Sauce
- 29.58 ml hot red chili powder
- 236.59 ml water
- 2.46 ml chopped garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine posole, water, chicken base or bullion, garlic, and oregano in a 3-4 quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cover, lower heat to simmer for 2 hours. **As you may lose water while the posole absorbs it and some evaporates, be sure to check occasionally that enough water remains in the pot to just cover the posole, adding water as needed.
- After posole is cooked, add pork and cook an additional 30 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chili sauce, 1 teaspoon at a time to your bowl until desired heat is obtained.
- Serve with warm buttered tortilla.
- Chili Sauce:.
- Combine powdered red chili, water, garlic, and salt in 1 quart sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to simmer for 30 minutes.