Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An unusual little recipe found online posted in response to a recipe request. Both borage flowers and leaves are edible. Because it is a tonic plant for the adrenal glands, borage provides an invaluable support for a stressful lifestyle. Borage is rich in minerals, especially potassium.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup borage fresh edible flower
- 2 cups sherry wine
- 1 cup brandy
- 4 cups apple cider
- Remove water from the boil.
- Steep the sugar, lemon zest and borage flowers in the hot water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain and add the sherry, brandy and apple cider.
- Serve either hot or cold.