Recipe by * Pamela *
I received these as part of a Christmas bake exchange. Charlene was kind enough to share the recipe with me! This makes a huge recipe but these freeze very well.
Top Review by Ismy Echo
I have made these a couple of times and while they are good in their own way, they just never make me inspired to make them a member of the permanent recipe collection. I find them just a little too spongy, almost a slightly more solid scone. I may be biased though, I am looking for the a recipe that replicates the round frosted cookies with sprinkles that are sold in plastic "clam shells" or the large round ones with pink frosting sold individually wrapped at convenience stores.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening, no substitutes
- 1 cup milk
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (scant)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring or 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring or 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups flour, to make fairly stiff dough (I use approx 5 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening, add sugar and eggs, beat well.
- Then add alternately the flour sifted with the baking powder, soda, salt with the milk.
- Roll out and cut with cookie cutter or glass top, bake at 375°F until done.
- to decorate:.
- ice with your favourite icing and sprinkles.
- or try using crushed candy canes and drizzle with chocolate.