Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My brother got this from a lady he worked with many years ago. This cake makes a great breakfast coffee cake, or it can be used as a dessert.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease a 9x13 pan& set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs& oil until well blended; add sugar slowly, beating at medium speed; add vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon& nutmeg.
- Add dry ingredients to egg/oil mixture, combining well.
- Add nuts& apples.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; bake 45-60 minutes, or until cake tests done with a wooden pick or sharp knife in center.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Note: Mixture can be baked in two 8x8 square pans or two 9x5 loaf pans as well.
- For the 8x8, bake approximately 45 minutes; 9x5 may take a little longer.
- If using one of these sizes, cool baked cake in pan 10-15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
This cake turned out to be very nice. The recipe was easy-to-follow as well. Thanks for sharing!