Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I watched this on Mirch Masala, Star Plus, today at 11:30pm Muscat time and made these myself at 4:30pm. These are really tasty. We all at home loved them!
- 1 (110 g) cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup refined flour (maida)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence or 2 teaspoons rum
- 4 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- In a bowl, mix butter and sugar together.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- DO NOT BEAT.
- In another bowl, put maida, baking powder and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Gently fold the cocoa mixture into the butter mixture.
- Add essence or rum followed by the nuts.
- Put in a greased mould.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180 degC.
- Unturn once done and serve.