1 hr 5 mins
One of the advantages of living in a home away from home is that "you" can control exactly what goes into your food and accordingly help better your health. I'm trying to do just that since the last few days. This is one such recipe I created and my dad and I enjoyed it for dinner with rotis (chapatis/Indian flatbreads). It can also be served with white long-grain Basmati rice and plain yogurt. It's tasty and yet low-fat AND it smells soooooooo nice when it's cooking, and when you take it to the dinner table and open the pot, it smells mmmm - tantalising! Enjoy! Bon Appetite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon pure wesson canola oil
- 1 medium potato, washed,peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 small potatoes, washed,peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 2 medium indian green chilies, washed,ends trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 4 small green bell peppers, washed,de-seeded,caps removed,the rest of the bell peppers should be cut into 1/4 inch pieces (capsicums)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 large tomato, washed,peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1Heat oil in a pot on medium flame.
- 2When it's hot, lower flame and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- 3Allow the seeds to splutter and crackle in the hot oil.
- 4Once they stop doing that, add ginger, garlic, onions and green chillies to the oil.
- 5Mix well and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes or until the raw smell of ginger and garlic is gone and the onions are softened.
- 6Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and corriander powder.
- 7Mix well, then add the chopped tomato.
- 8Stir-fry 6 minutes.
- 9Mix well, then add the cubed potatoes and chopped bell pepper to the pot.
- 10Mix well, add salt and 1 1/2 cups of water and allow the veggies to cook on medium flame for 20-25 minutes or until the veggies are tender, stirring every 5 minutes.
- 11Remove from flame.
- 12Serve hot with rotis/rice and plain yogurt.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Charishma's Vegetarian Bell Pepper-potatoes Delight
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.1
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 948.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: