Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this tonight and these are just the tastiest potatoes I've ever eaten! Lemon greatly enhances this dish, a definite keeper!
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- Peel and dice potatoes.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a wok.
- Once hot, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Allow to crackle.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes until slightly brown.
- Serve with hot puris.
I thought these would be so good. They need garlic or something.
I really didn't like these all that much. Some garlic or onion might have helped them out.
I thought these would be so good...and I was right! The flavor of these is nicely spicy from the chili powder and the chilies, and is filled with the flavors of mustard seed and cumin seed and nice lemonyness. No garlic needed! My DH tasted these and said, "MMMMmmmm, these are SO GOOD!", and I have to agree, in spite of what the other reviewers may have said. I will be making these often, as a part of my Indian meals. Thanks, Charishma! :)