1 hr 30 mins
This is one of my specialities and a favourite with my family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Ingredients for the Kadhi
- 500 g plain yogurt, beaten
- 3 -4 tablespoons gram flour
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 3 -4 green chilies, washed, ends trimmed and slit
- 2 -3 garlic flakes, peeled, washed and finely chopped
- 15 fresh curry leaves, washed and torn
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 5 -6 whole red chilies (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida powder (hing)
- 4 cups water
Ingredients for the Bhajiyas
- 1Following is the method to prepare the Punjabi kadhi:.
- 2Heat oil in a pot.
- 3Add mustard seeds and allow to splutter.
- 4Add cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds. Allow to crackle.
- 5Once it stops crackling, add red chillies, if required and stir-fry briefly.
- 6Fold in the torn curry leaves, ginger, garlic and green chillies. Mix thoroughly. Stir-fry until the raw smell of ginger and garlic is gone.
- 7In another bowl, mix together yoghurt, gramflour, red chilli and turmeric powders alongwith 4 cups of water.
- 8Add the ginger and garlic stir fried mixture to the yoghurt mixture. Boil for a few minutes.
- 9Lower flame and cook on simmer for 45 minutes.
- 10Serve hot with long grain Basmati rice and Punjabi Masala Papads and mango pickle if you like.
- 11Following is the method to prepare the Bhajiyas:-.
- 12In a wide-mouthed bowl, knead together all the dry ingredients with water.
- 13Shape into bhajiyas and deep fry in hot oil in a wok.
- 14Drain on clean kitchen paper towels.
- 15Add to the Punjabi Kadhi or serve as a plain snack with tea.
Nutritional Facts for Charishma's Punjabi Kadhi With Bhajiyas'
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.9
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 117.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: