A yummy paneer delight I made for dinner last night here in Mumbai, India. Everyone liked this one! Paneer is so expensive here in Mumbai. I paid Rs. 30 for just a mere 200 gms!!!! I still can't believe how expensive it has become. Note: Tofu may be used as a substitute instead of paneer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g panir, mashed
- 3 medium onions, peeled, washed and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, washed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 green chili, washed, ends trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 1Heat oil in a pan.
- 2Once it is hot, add cumin seeds and green chilli and allow to crackle.
- 3Once they stop crackling, toss in the onion and stir-fry until lightly browned.
- 4Add all the masala powders and stir-fry well.
- 5Add kasoori methi and mix well. Allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- 6Then toss in the tomatoes and mix well.
- 7Add the mashed paneer, mix gently, cover and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- 8Uncover, mix well, garnish with corriander leaves and serve hot with rotis.
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Charishma's Paneer Bhurji
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.3
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried fenugreek leaves