Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is DELICIOUS and MY OWN creation :)! I used half packet of the Pillsburry Dark chocolate cake mix and 1/2 packet of the Betty Crocker Super Moist French Vanilla Cake Mix. This is a recipe I came up with today at noon when I decided to bake to celebrate the publication of one of my poems in a book titled "A Collection Of Voice". I'm thrilled about it and decided to bake this for my family and friends'. Enjoy:) Note: You may add more mint chocolates if you like a stronger mint flavour.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 258 g super moist French vanilla cake mix
- 258 g dark chocolate cake mix
- 2 andes chocolate-covered mint candies
- 8 fresh strawberries, washed and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs in a bowl, one at a time, until light and fluffy.
- Add water and continue to beat on high speed until the batter rises, is light and fluffy.
- Fold in the chocolate cake mix and mix well to combine.
- Add oil alternating with the French vanilla cake mix and mix well to combine.
- Fold in the strawberries, mint chocolates and nuts if in a mood for them.
- Mix well and allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake in a greased cake tin until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- I baked mine in an AMC Dutch oven and it took me 40 minutes in that.
- Since I had some more batter, I made muffins out of it and they also went equally well.
- For the muffins, I baked them in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 15 minutes.
- Remove from muffin bowls and cake tin once the cake/muffins are ready.
- Invert onto a cooling rack or cake tray.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.