I wanted to have something different today and decided to combine a little out of around 10 recipes. This is what I came up with. Enjoy this with Varsha's Paneer Fried Rice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes and boiled until tender
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon methi seeds (fenugreek seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed (saunf)
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger
- 2 medium green chilies, washed, ends trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup yoghurt, beaten
- 6 small tomatoes, paste of
- 2 teaspoons garam masala powder
- 1 pinch chat masala
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (kali mirchi powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 11 fresh curry leaves, washed and torn
- 1 tablespoon ricella refined sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves (to garnish) or 3 tablespoons cilantro, washed and finely chopped (to garnish)
- 1Heat oil in a skillet.
- 2Once medium hot, toss in cumin seeds, fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- 3Allow to sizzle.
- 4Once this stops, toss in the curry leaves and lightly stir-fry for 10 seconds.
- 5Add chopped ginger and green chillies.
- 6Continue to stir-fry until the raw smell of ginger is gone.
- 7Fold in the cauliflower florets.
- 8Add the masala powders and toss to coat the florets in the same.
- 9Stir in the tomato paste and salt.
- 10Cover and cook for 10 minutes until the cauliflower florets become tender.
- 11Uncover and toss in the boiled and drained potatoes.
- 12Remove from flame.
- 13Stir in the beaten yoghurt.
- 14Garnish with corriander leaves or cilantro and serve hot with rotis or Varsha's Paneer Fried Rice.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Charishma's Masala Gobhi Aloo Sabzi
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 91.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: