Today I was in the mood to cook and this is what I have created. The aroma of this is incredible as it cooks. You will love that and the taste. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown basmati rice, washed
- 1/2 cup jasmine rice, washed
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 1 Maggi vegetable cube, with onion
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1Heat oil in a pot.
- 2Once its hot, add the cardamoms and bay leaves.
- 3Stir-fry for 20 seconds then add garlic and onions.
- 4Sprinkle a few drops of water to prevent onions from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Stir-fry until the raw smell of garlic is gone and the onions are lightly browned.
- 5Add carrots and continue to stir-fry for 5 minutes, uncovered. You may sprinkle a few drops of water to prevent the food from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- 6Add turmeric, red chilli and black pepper powders. Mix well and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 7Add the drained brown rice and jasmine rice and mix well.
- 8Toss in the cube of Maggi vegetable stock with onion and thyme as well as oregano.
- 9You do not have to add salt as the cube of stock contains sufficient.
- 10Stir in water and bring to a boil.
- 11Lower heat, cover and cook until the water is absorbed and the rice is ready to eat.
- 12You may garnish with parsley or corriander leaves before serving, if desired.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Charishma's Jasmine and Brown Rice With Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.4
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Maggi vegetable cubes