Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Today I was in the mood to cook and this is what I have created. The aroma of this is incredible as it cooks. You will love that and the taste. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup brown basmati rice, washed
- 1⁄2 cup jasmine rice, washed
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 1 Maggi vegetable cube, with onion
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Once its hot, add the cardamoms and bay leaves.
- Stir-fry for 20 seconds then add garlic and onions.
- Sprinkle a few drops of water to prevent onions from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Stir-fry until the raw smell of garlic is gone and the onions are lightly browned.
- Add carrots and continue to stir-fry for 5 minutes, uncovered. You may sprinkle a few drops of water to prevent the food from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Add turmeric, red chilli and black pepper powders. Mix well and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the drained brown rice and jasmine rice and mix well.
- Toss in the cube of Maggi vegetable stock with onion and thyme as well as oregano.
- You do not have to add salt as the cube of stock contains sufficient.
- Stir in water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and cook until the water is absorbed and the rice is ready to eat.
- You may garnish with parsley or corriander leaves before serving, if desired.