24 hrs 45 mins
Enjoy this savoury Chole dish with bhatoora (recipe posted separately).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chickpeas (boiled)
- 1 large onion, peeled, washed and finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, paste of
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder (Everest brand)
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
- water, to boil the chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1Boil the chickpeas in an open-mouthed vessel if you have time on your hands. Otherwise, pressure cook the chickpeas soaked overnight(Washed and drained) in a pressure cooker upto 2 whistles.
- 2Heat oil in a pot.
- 3Add onions and stir-fry until browned.
- 4Add tomato paste and cook until it thickens.
- 5Add the pressure cooked chickpeas along with the water in which they have been pressure cooked. Mix well.
- 6Add all the spice powders and salt to taste.
- 7Mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- 8Garnish with corriander leaves.
- 9Remove from heat and serve hot with Bhatoora.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Charishma's Indian Chole
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.9
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 191.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g