Prep 24 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Enjoy this savoury Chole dish with bhatoora (recipe posted separately).
Make and share this Charishma's Indian Chole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chickpeas (boiled)
- 1 large onion, peeled, washed and finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, paste of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder (Everest brand)
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
- water, to boil the chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Boil the chickpeas in an open-mouthed vessel if you have time on your hands. Otherwise, pressure cook the chickpeas soaked overnight(Washed and drained) in a pressure cooker upto 2 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Add onions and stir-fry until browned.
- Add tomato paste and cook until it thickens.
- Add the pressure cooked chickpeas along with the water in which they have been pressure cooked. Mix well.
- Add all the spice powders and salt to taste.
- Mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Garnish with corriander leaves.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with Bhatoora.