Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Today is Imbolc, festival day of St. Brigid whose temple is in Kildare,Ireland. I have recently studied about her and written a poem too on her which can be viewed at allpoetry.com I wanted to cook something yummy for my family today and decided to use up the carrots and this is what I have come up with. It is so yummy that don't blame me if you get addicted! This is much better than eating carrot halwa which is loaded with ghee and khoya. Enjoy!!
- Take a large pot and in it put fresh milk as well as the evaporated milk and carrots.
- Allow to cook on low heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cook, stirring well from time to time until the sugar has dissolved and the carrots are tender.
- Bring to half boil stage, mix well and then lower heat. Allow to cook for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from flame, transfer to the best serving bowl you have at home and serve hot.
- Enjoy and Happy Imbolc to you and yours!