Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is just something I put together in the afternoon today as I had a few fresh mint leaves on hand and pre-soaked white Basmati rice. I had soaked the rice for 24 hours, which is not something I normally do, but I found that it tasted very good today and the flavour of mint was an extra bonus! I used Surti Kolam rice. You can try other brands of Basmati such as Kohinoor. Give this a go and you won't be disappointed :)
- 1 cup long-grain white basmati rice, cleaned, washed and soaked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 10 fresh mint leaves, washed and torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water in a pot on high flame.
- Once it starts bubbling, lower heat and add the drained rice and salt.
- Stir once and allow to cook.
- Once it comes half-way to a boil, add the mint leaves.
- Lower flame, partially cover with a lid and allow it to cook until almost three-fourth done.
- Uncover and drain in a colander(done to remove the starch).
- Transfer to a clean(and preferably warm) casserole or serving container.
- Otherwise, alternatively, transfer to a microwave-safe container and microwave for 3 minutes, uncovered.
- Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.
- We had this with black-eyed peas(posted separately with my name).