Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this for my mom and dad tonight and 2 other friends' of ours who joined us for dinner. My dad is down with a terrible cold and fever. The Jewish mother in me decided to pamper my dad with this pot of soup tonight. Everyone loved this soup. I'm really thankful to Uncle Miller who sent me a box of this amazing Sazo'n Goya seasoning mix that made the creation of this soup possible. Many many thank you's to you, Dear Uncle Miller!
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 cups assorted fresh vegetables (I use a combo of celery, carrots, French beans, greenpeas and potatoes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1 packet Sazon Goya seasoning
- Pour water in a pot.
- Add the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower flame, add salt, pepper and the Sazo'n Seasoning.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low-medium flame for 20 minutes or till the vegetables are tender, stirring every 5 minutes, till done.
- Serve hot.