Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made these for dinner as a side-dish last night and my picky eater bro enjoyed munching on these. He had this dipped in yoghurt and even tried them dipped in mayo:) My dad said these were fine and we had someone join us for dinner, who had a bowlful of these:) You can re-heat these in your microwave oven as well for 1 minute and then serve.
- 1 large potato, peeled,diced and boiled until tender
- 2 teaspoons french marjoram, dried
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- Wash the potato under running tap water.
- Then, peel the potato using a potato peeler or a knife.
- Dice the potato in small cubes.
- Boil the diced potato cubes in plenty of water until tender.
- Remove from flame.
- Add salt to taste, black pepper to taste, a pinch of turmeric powder and dried French marjoram.
- You can experiment with other herbs you like as well.
- Toss gently with a spoon.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve immediately (hot) as a potato side dish along with a curry of your choice.
Made these several hours ahead and reheated as suggested and it worked perfectly. These potatoes make a very nice presentation, with the turmeric coloring them just a bit, and speckled with pepper and marjoram. Dry and firm, they're the perfect potato to serve with a sauce or gravy. Delicious!