Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This was very well enjoyed by my family when I served it alongside my Pressure cooked Black eye peas (chauli). Please do try it if you want a nice jeera rice recipe and let me know what you think!
Top Review by awalde
I've never prepared a jeery rice until now and I have to tell you that this was a mistake as your recipe is so perfect. The best way to find the recipe again is to take picture and write a review:
I will do it again!
Please write more recipes again, I tried many of your recipes and all are fantastic.
- 1 1⁄2 cups basmati long-grain white rice, cleaned, washed, soaked in water for 30 minutes and drained
- 2 tablespoons pure wesson canola oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 -3 green cardamoms
- 2 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 inch cinnamon stick
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a pot on medium flame.
- Once its hot, toss in the cloves, cardamoms, bay leaf, cinnamon stick and cumin seeds.
- Allow the cumin seeds to crackle.
- Once they stop crackling, fold in the drained rice and cook on medium flame, stirring continuously for 4 minutes.
- Stir in water and salt.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Lower flame and allow to cook until all the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot with "Charishma's Delicious Pressure-cooked Black-eye peas (Chauli)".