Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 300 g frozen raspberries or 300 g blackberries or 300 g blueberries or 300 g strawberries or 300 g cherries or 300 g red currants
- 400 ml curds
- 200 ml double cream
- 75 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Puree and sieve half the summer fruits.
- Stir the curd if it is set and lightly whisk the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Mix together the yoghurt, cream, 75 gm sugar and the summer fruit puree.
- Freeze in an ice-cream making machine.
- When frozen, mix the remaining fruits with 1 tbsp sugar and stir into the mixture.
- If you don't have an ice-cream machine, spoon into a suitable container and put into the freezer.
- When half frozen, beat well until smooth to break down the ice crystals, either with a hand-held electric whisk or in a food processor.
- Mix the rest of the fruit with the tbsp.
- of sugar and stir into the yoghurt ice-cream.
- Return to the freezer and stir once or twice during the freezing process in order to get a smooth ice-cream.
- Stir the tbsp.
- of sugar into the summer fruits and mix these with the ice- cream before it becomes too hard.
- Now, sit back and enjoy this great summer holiday snack!