Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
Well, I was in a mood for chocolate today and oats and milk as well, so this recipe was just born in seconds when gazing at these three ingredients in my little kitchen! Hope you enjoy it!
- 1⁄2 cup instant quick-cooking oats
- 4 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup virtually nonfat milk, cold
- Mix all in a microwave proof bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH power level for 2 minutes 50 seconds, stirring once in between.
- Remove and serve hot in 2 individual serving bowls.
Hey this was a great idea although the finished product (for me) was a little too much of one thing. I used regular instant oatmeal made with milk and some milk chocolate chips. It probably would have been better with the semi-sweet like suggested but I didn't have those. Also added some peanut butter to it. Thanks!
Sorry but this was just OK for us. We love oatmeal and we love chocolate but we just didn't care for this together. I followed the recipe exactly as written. I tried adding peanut butter later and still didn't wasn't crazy about it.
Thanks for an easy, quick and above all, great-tasting recipe. I didn't have any chocolate chips, so I substituted with 1 ounce semi-sweet cooking chocolate, finely chopped. It was a bit on the thick side for me but all in all, it certainly filled me up. I'll definately be making this again in future.