This is a delicious pulao which we enjoy at home with Subru uncle's Sai bhaji recipe (posted separately). You may enjoy this with vegetarian raita or dahi boondhi and papads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup long grain white basmati rice
- 2 medium sized onions, peeled, washed and sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 -3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 -6 whole black peppercorns (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a pot.
- 2Add cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves and green cardamoms. Stir-fry for 20 to 30 seconds on medium heat.
- 3Add cumin seeds and allow to crackle on low-medium heat.
- 4Fold in the onions and stir-fry until browned.
- 5Add red chilli powder, salt, rice and water.
- 6Mix gently and bring to a boil.
- 7Once the rice comes to a boil, lower heat and allow to cook, partially covered, until all the water has evaporated.
- 8Serve hot with Sai Bhaji, dahi boondhi and Sindhi papads.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Charishma's Brown Rice Pulao the Indian Style (Enjoy With Subru
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.6
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 454.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: