Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is something I came up with a few days back when I cooked brown rice(for my mom who is diabetic) and she did not like the taste of it because she is so used to eating the Tilda White Basmati rice. So, I thought why not add in some of her favourite puliogare rice and prepare a new rice. I did what my instinct told me and voila - she loved it! Try this and please all your loved ones. Enjoy :) Note: You do not have to use garam masala powder for this. What you have to use is called PULIOGARE POWDER. It is available at any Asian spice store. Its got awesome flavour which all who love spicy food are going to enjoy for decades;) Zaar is not letting me post just "puliogare powder" and has taken it as puliogare garam masala powder. Please use ONLY puliogare powder and not garam masala powder. They are very different and you won't get the same taste if you used garam masala powder.
- 1 cup tilda cooked basmati rice, white
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup tilda brown basmati rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons puliogare garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves or 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the brown basmati rice, salt and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Stir once, partially cover and cook until three-fourth cooked.
- Drain in a colander.
- Transfer to a clean pot.
- Now heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add the puliogare spice powder and stir fry for a minute.
- Fold in the cooked white basmati rice and mix throughly.
- Remove from heat.
- In a serving bowl, combine both the brown basmati rice and the puliogare rice.
- Garnish with cilantro or corriander leaves, if desired and serve hot.