Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 mins
Cook 27 mins
I am dedicating this recipe to my wonderful Uncle Miller (Chef Miller here on Recipezaar) who sent me a packet of Vigo Completely seasoned and easy to prepare Red Beans and rice, and, a box of Sazo'n Goya seasoning mix amongst alot of other much wanted goodies and herbs and extracts. I received Uncle Miller's gift box late last night(and it was Diwali all over again in my house!);) Uncle Miller made me feel like the luckiest girl on this planet! My mom commented that this really is your uncle. I told her that even my uncles haven't given me so many presents as Uncle Miller did:) Uncle Miller, you have the sweetest most kind, most loving and wonderful heart in the world and the most thoughtful mind too! Uncle Miller, I want to thank you a gazillion times for so many wonderful presents you have sent me. THANK U ever soooooooooooooooooooo much!! I have made this rice for lunch today and everyone(including my picky bro who announced this was very aromatic and drew him to the table!) savoured each and every grain of this pulao(pilaf)! Red Kidney beans are amongst my first 3 favourite lentils(the other two being yellow lentils and green lentils) and rice is one of my favourite comfort foods:) I can't THANK U enough, really...just want you to know that I could give you a ((((hug)))) now and that I LOVE YOU...
- 1 (8 ounce) packagevigo completely seasoned easy to prepare red beans and rice mix
- 1 package sazon goya with coriander and annatto (a goya seasoning mix)
- Put the contents of the package in a1 1/2 quart microwave casserole dish.
- Add 3 3/4 cups of hot top water.
- Stir well.
- Microwave on HIGH power level for 4 minutes 20 seconds.
- Add the packet of Sazo'n Goya.
- Stir well.
- Microwave on HIGH power level for 17 minutes 40 seconds.
- Mix well.
- Allow to stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.