Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
I made this all by myself and it works like a charm! This was actually put together last weekend when I was trying my hardest to clean my brother's bath tub's plastic shower curtain that had mildew and alot of dirt all over it. Now, it's shining like it's brand new; thanks to this!
Top Review by JenSmith
Here is a great trick for washing shower curtains. Simply put the plastic liner into the washer with 2 or 3 WHITE or light-colored towels. Fill the tub to maximum capacity with hot water. If you have a bleach dispenser on your washer, add 1 cup bleach to the dispenser; otherwise wait to add bleach. Turn on the machine and run on delicate cycle for 5-6 minutes. If you have not added bleach yet, do so now. Turn off the machine and let sit for 10 minutes, then continue washing as usual. Hang the shower curtain to air dry in the bathroom or on a clothesline. The bath towels will keep the shower curtain protected from the machine's agitator.
- 1⁄2 cup rubbing alcohol (also known as Surgical spirit)
- water, as required
- 1 cup comet bleach
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the bleach and rubbing alcohol together.
- Spray on the dirty shower curtain.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Do not wash in this time.
- Then, once the 5 minutes have passed, scrub the shower curtain as well as you can with a scrub.
- Then, wash all the dirt out with a hose or pipe or simply use a mug filled with water; keep throwing the water over the curtain until its clean.
- Allow it to dry hanging in the tub.