My family enjoys these for breakfast and as a snack with tea at evening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 bunch fenugreek leaves, washed and finely chopped (methi)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 green chilies, washed and finely chopped
- 1 inch piece ginger, washed, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mango powder (Amchur)
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- water, to knead the dough
- 1Heat a non-stick griddle (tawa) on medium flame.
- 2Chef's Tip: Apply a little oil on your right palm so as to not allow the flour and remaining mixture which you'll be kneading next to stick to your palm.
- 3Knead all the ingredients thoroughly well in a big bowl.
- 4Pinch off small round balls of the dough. Flatten on the palm of your hand.
- 5Using a rolling pin, roll out each round ball to form a 'thepla'.
- 6Repeat the same procedure for all the round balls.
- 7Put each thepla on the tawa and cook on one side until it starts to show small bubbles (brown specs will begin to appear on the side facing down on the griddle).
- 8Using a spoon, drop a little oil all around the thepla while it is cooking side-down. The oil should not be dropped on the raw side facing up. It must fall around the underside of the thepla or the reverse side.
- 9After 10 seconds, flip the thepla over and cook on this side as well.
- 10Again, drop a little oil on the underside of the thepla.
- 11Press down with a spoon on the thepla to ensure it cooks well on both sides.
- 12After a minute, using a small clean napkin, press the thepla on portions that are not throughly cooked, if any. Keep turning the thepla for a few seconds using the napkin.
- 13Serve hot with yoghurt or raita of your choice.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Charishma's Addictive Indian Methi Theplas
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.5
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: