Here is a salad that uses Dukkah (pronounced 'do -kah') which is an Egyptian blend of coarsely ground nuts and spices. This recipe came from The Culinary Chase Blog. I will post the seasoning recipe separately, but for this salad you will need about 1 tablespoon of dukkah to sprinkle on at the end with the feta. Use your favorite vegetables and when the weather is warm, fire up your BBQ to grill the vegetables and pita bread instead of in your hot kitchen! Please use flat leaf parsley-curly is too bitter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 inches fat-free whole wheat pita bread
- 2 large zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 red bell peppers, halved, deseeded and cut into 2cm thick slices
- 16 ounces eggplants, trimmed, quartered lengthways
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon dukkah (or to taste)
- 3 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1Preheat oven to 200 C or (390 degrees?).
- 2Place the pita bread on a large baking tray.
- 3Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp.
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5Break into small pieces.
- 6Meanwhile, preheat a large chargrill on high.
- 7Combine the zucchini, bell pepper, eggplant and 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Cook one third of the zucchini mixture in the chargrill for 3 minutes each side or until tender and lightly charred.
- 10Repeat, in 2 more batches with the remaining mixture.
- 11Whisk together the lemon juice, honey and remaining oil in a large bowl.
- 12Add the zucchini mixture, parsley and mint and toss to combine.
- 13Divide the salad among serving bowls,.
- 14Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of dukkah (or to taste) and feta.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chargrilled Vegetable and Pita Salad With Feta and Dukkah
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.4
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 275.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free whole wheat pita bread