Recipe by **Jubes**
An easy vegetarian salad- good warm or cold
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
We loved this dish. Instead of serving it as a salad I omitted the spinach and served as a hot vegetable dish. I halved the recipe and used my grill wok so that I wouldn't lose veggies to the fire. Since there wasn't room to cook them in a single layer it took about 10 minutes to cook them all. The grilled halloumi was really good, too. It gives another meaning to 'grilled cheese'. Made for ZWT9
- 2 large zucchini, cut into1cm-thick slices
- 2 red capsicums, cut into 2cm-wide strips (red bell peppers)
- 1 large eggplant, quartered lengthways, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 200 g halloumi cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together vinegar and 2 tablespoons of remaining oil. Set aside.
- Combine the sliced zucchini, capsicum, eggplant and onion in a large bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of oil and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a chargrill pan on high heat.
- Grill vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until tender and lightly charred. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Return pan to high heat. Brush haloumi slices with remaining oil. Grill haloumi for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until lightly charred.
- Place vegetables, haloumi and spinach in a large bowl and pour over the reserved dressing. Toss to combine.
- Divide salad between 4 serving plates. Season with salt and pepper to serve.