Recipe by AmandaInOz
Recipe from Australian Avocados: www.avocado.org.au
Top Review by GibbyLou
This recipe produces a great restaurant-style dinner. DH did grill the swordfish because we prefer it that way. I would definitely make this again. It's going into my Best of 2016 file. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 swordfish steaks, about 150g each
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 ears corn, corn from 2 cobs (can be substituted with canned corn)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a non-stick pan to high, add the oil and sear the swordfish for 1 to 2 minutes or until starting to soften. Remove from pan. Cover with foil and keep warm in a low oven.
- Add the shallot, corn and red pepper to pan and cook, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Add the avocado, coriander and white wine. Cover and steam for 1 minute until heated through.
- Place avocado corn mixture on heated plates and top with swordfish.
- Add lemon and vinegar to the pan and whisk into pan juices. Pour over the fish and serve immediately.