Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from Australian Avocados: www.avocado.org.au
- 4 swordfish steaks, about 150g each
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 ears corn, corn from 2 cobs (can be substituted with canned corn)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat a non-stick pan to high, add the oil and sear the swordfish for 1 to 2 minutes or until starting to soften. Remove from pan. Cover with foil and keep warm in a low oven.
- Add the shallot, corn and red pepper to pan and cook, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Add the avocado, coriander and white wine. Cover and steam for 1 minute until heated through.
- Place avocado corn mixture on heated plates and top with swordfish.
- Add lemon and vinegar to the pan and whisk into pan juices. Pour over the fish and serve immediately.
I cooked this swordfish last night for a group and it was a definite hit! We loved the combination of flavors in the salad and it paired perfectly with the swordfish. We didn't pan sear the swordfish though. We had to grill it! So I seasoned the fish with salt and pepper on both sides. I purchased 6 oz steaks and 8 oz steaks. The 6 oz steaks were grilled 5 minutes per side and the 8 oz steaks were grilled 6 minutes per side. They were flaky and meaty and wonderful! What a great dish! It's one of my favorites!!
I really liked the avocado salad, and I grilled my swordfish. It was good, but I don't think that I would make it again. I think that the fish would have tasted better if it was marinated.
This recipe was surprisingly delicious! I was doubtful as I prepared the Avocado Corn Salad, but when I put all the components together...WOW! The flavors exploded in my mouth. My husband grilled the swordfish as I sauteed the veggies. I added a little salt as they cooked. I also omitted the oil and used cooking spray. This recipe is going right into my cookbook.