Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A filet mignon steak , chargrilled and served with garlic, white wine potatoes. Great for either weekday or entertaining.
- For the steak, brush the steak with olive oil and then roll it in the black peppercorns.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot.
- Add the steak and fry for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside to rest.
- For the drunken potatoes, heat the oil in a sauté pan. Add the potatoes and cook for three minutes or until browned slightly on all sides over a medium heat.
- Add the thyme and garlic to the potatoes and cook for one minute.
- Increase the heat of the pan and add the wine.
- Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook for 12 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
- To serve, place the potatoes on a plate and place the steak on top.