Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 25 mins
Another stunning recipe that I have adopted from taste.com http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/26496/chargrilled+quail+with+figs+rocket+ricotta+and+mint
- Combine the honey and olive oil in a bowl and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the quail on a baking tray and drizzle the honey mixture over the top. Tuck a sprig of rosemary under each quail, then cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill to medium-high.
- Grill the quail, turning once, for 8 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer quails to a warmed plate and squeeze over lemon juice. Cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the garlic, red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil together in a small bowl. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss the rocket and mint leaves together and divide among 4 serving plates. Top with the torn figs, dot with ricotta and drizzle with the dressing. Place a quail on each plate and finish with a grind of black pepper.