Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 dozen oyster, on the half shell
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained rinsed and chopped
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes Crystal hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt
- lemon wedge
- Sweat the onions and garlic in the butter for 2-3 minutes. Add the white wine and reduce until mostly evaporated.
- Add the chopped artichoke hearts and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Cream and reduce until slightly thickened; add the romano cheese.
- Add the worcetsershire, hot sauce, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and cayenne.
- Makes enough sauce to generously cover 1 dozen Oysters.
- To Grill the Oysters:.
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill until very hot. Place the oysters on the grates, grill until the liqour in the shells starts to bubble. Top each with the above sauce. Grill on high until sauce gets very bubble and reduces, and the edges are nicely browned. Serve with lemon wedges and grilled Ciabatta (brushed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salted, grilled, then rubbed with a garlic clove)to soak up sauce.