Chargrilled Oysters With Artichoke Garlic Cream Sauce
- Sweat the onions and garlic in the butter for 2-3 minutes. Add the white wine and reduce until mostly evaporated.
- Add the chopped artichoke hearts and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Cream and reduce until slightly thickened; add the romano cheese.
- Add the worcetsershire, hot sauce, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and cayenne.
- Makes enough sauce to generously cover 1 dozen Oysters.
- To Grill the Oysters:.
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill until very hot. Place the oysters on the grates, grill until the liqour in the shells starts to bubble. Top each with the above sauce. Grill on high until sauce gets very bubble and reduces, and the edges are nicely browned. Serve with lemon wedges and grilled Ciabatta (brushed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salted, grilled, then rubbed with a garlic clove)to soak up sauce.