My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 dozen oyster, on the half shell
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained rinsed and chopped
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes Crystal hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt
- lemon wedge
- 1Sweat the onions and garlic in the butter for 2-3 minutes. Add the white wine and reduce until mostly evaporated.
- 2Add the chopped artichoke hearts and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add the Cream and reduce until slightly thickened; add the romano cheese.
- 4Add the worcetsershire, hot sauce, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and cayenne.
- 5Makes enough sauce to generously cover 1 dozen Oysters.
- 6To Grill the Oysters:.
- 7Heat a gas or charcoal grill until very hot. Place the oysters on the grates, grill until the liqour in the shells starts to bubble. Top each with the above sauce. Grill on high until sauce gets very bubble and reduces, and the edges are nicely browned. Serve with lemon wedges and grilled Ciabatta (brushed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salted, grilled, then rubbed with a garlic clove)to soak up sauce.
Browse Our Top Savory Recipes
You Might Also Like...
Nutritional Facts for Chargrilled Oysters With Artichoke Garlic Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 866.4
- Calories from Fat 641
- Total Fat 71.2 g
- Saturated Fat 42.4 g
- Cholesterol 337.7 mg
- Sodium 713.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese