1/1 Photo of Chargrilled Oysters Acme Oyster House Style
Angela Dawn's Note:
This is my favorite way to use fresh oysters. Living in the Northwest it's easier to get the large less sweet pacific variety. Any fresh variety available will work for these buttery, cheesy, spicy bursts of oyster goodness. Recipe from "Louisiana Cookin" Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 fresh shucked oysters, on the half shell
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bunches green onions, finely chopped
- 20 garlic cloves, pureed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 2 ounces white wine
- 1 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1Melt half the butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add your lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, green onions and all herbs and seasonings. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then stir in wine.
- 2Keep stirring and remove from heat as soon as the green onions wilt. Let cool for 3-4 minutes. Add the rest of the butter and stir until completely incorporated.
- 3Heat grill to to 350°F Place oysters on grill. When the oyster liquor starts to bubble, spoon 1 tablespoon of sauce on top of each, then top with 1 tablespoon of Romano cheese. Let the cheese melt.
- 4When oysters begin to slightly brown at the edges, remove from grill and place on a heat proof plate or tray.
- 5Top each oyster with an additional tablespoon of the butter sauce and serve immediately with slices of french bread for dipping.
- 6All you need is a good pint of lager and a few friends. I suggest a little Jazz in the background.
Browse Our Top Creole Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chargrilled Oysters Acme Oyster House Style
Serving Size: 1 (950 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1946.7
- Calories from Fat 986
- Total Fat 109.6 g
- Saturated Fat 64.8 g
- Cholesterol 416.1 mg
- Sodium 1954.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 172.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 68.4 g