Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A colourful dish with yellow and green zucchini, fresh herbs and chili makes this dish a firm summer staple.
- 2 chicken thighs, bone removed
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 yellow zucchini, sliced at an angle into 1/2in thick pieces
- 1 green zucchini, sliced at an angle into 1/2in thick pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 red chili peppers, seeds removed, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- tarragon vinegar (optional)
- Preheat a griddle pan until smoking.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and freshly ground black pepper and place onto the hot griddle pan.
- Drizzle over some olive oil and cook on both sides for 4-5 minutes, or until golden-brown and cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place the zucchini slices in a colander and sprinkle over some salt. Leave to drain for 5-10 minutes, then rinse away the salt and gently squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Griddle the zucchini slices in the same pan used to cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes, or until golden-brown and charred.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan and gently fry the garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until golden-brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To serve, pile the zucchini onto a serving plate and sprinkle over half of the cooked garlic and half of the sliced chili. Thickly slice the chicken thigh and arrange over the zucchini, then sprinkle over the remaining garlic and chili. Garnish with the chopped mint, then drizzle over the tarragon vinegar and a bit more of the olive oil.