1/1 Photo of Chargrilled Chicken With Orange, Asparagus & Beans
kelly in TO's Note:
Low GI, Low Carb and super healthy. This is a fabulous salad that is light and satisfying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large about 500g single chicken breast fillets
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 80 ml fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, halved diagonally
- 150 g baby green beans, topped
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 (400 g) can butter beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1/4 cup fresh continental fresh parsley leaves
- 1Place the chicken in a glass dish. Combine cinnamon and half the orange juice, honey and oil in a jug. Pour over chicken and turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to marinate.
- 2Cook the asparagus and green beans in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain.
- 3Preheat a chargrill on high. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Thinly slice across the grain.
- 4Meanwhile, whisk the vinegar and the remaining orange juice, honey and oil in a jug. Taste and season with pepper.
- 5Place the asparagus, green beans, butter beans, orange and parsley in a bowl and toss to combine. Divide salad among serving plates. Top with chicken and drizzle over the dressing to serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chargrilled Chicken With Orange, Asparagus & Beans
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.4
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 290.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets
white wine vinegar