Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Low GI, Low Carb and super healthy. This is a fabulous salad that is light and satisfying.
- 2 large about 500g single chicken breast fillets
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 80 ml fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, halved diagonally
- 150 g baby green beans, topped
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 (400 g) can butter beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1⁄4 cup fresh continental fresh parsley leaves
- Place the chicken in a glass dish. Combine cinnamon and half the orange juice, honey and oil in a jug. Pour over chicken and turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Cook the asparagus and green beans in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain.
- Preheat a chargrill on high. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Thinly slice across the grain.
- Meanwhile, whisk the vinegar and the remaining orange juice, honey and oil in a jug. Taste and season with pepper.
- Place the asparagus, green beans, butter beans, orange and parsley in a bowl and toss to combine. Divide salad among serving plates. Top with chicken and drizzle over the dressing to serve.